Cath made these brownies at our retreat at Carols......great for Christmas....yummy
250g butter, chopped
250g good quality dark chocolate, chopped
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup plain flour, sifted
1/4 cup self raising flour, sifted
1 cup frozen raspberries
1/2 cup white chocolate bits
icing sugar mixture
1. Preheat oven to 170 C. Lightly grease a 4cm deep, 27cm x 17cm (base) slice pan. Line with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang at both long ends.
2. Place butter and dark chocolate in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium high for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring every minute with a metal spoon, or until smooth and melted. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. Add chocolate mixture. Beat to combine. Fold in flours.
4. Pour half the mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle with raspberries and white chocolate bits. Pour over remaining mixture.
Bake for 35 minutes or until just firm to touch. Allow to cool completely in the pan. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
5. Lift brownie from pan. Cut into squares. Dust with icing sugar - enjoy.
Best kept in an airtight container in a cool place or in the fridge. Can also be frozen for up to 3 months